San Jose, California — October 8-9th, 2016
Memories of a lifetime as more of the world’s top players return once again…
This year’s tournament was a huge success, check out the highlights!
2016 Tournament Page Below
New champions will be crowned, current champions will defend their title, everyone aiming to become the champion of the American Panna & Freestyle Tournament…
The American Panna & Freestyle Tournament is an open invitation to the world’s top street and freestyle soccer players, including amateurs looking to make a name for themselves like Michel’s spectacular 2014 panna final knockout! This year’s event has already gained the attention of participants from around the world, and has become the United States’ most anticipated and followed street soccer and freestyle event. The AP&FT is unlike any other event as we will have activities throughout the week leading up to the tournament where you can join your idols, share your talent with the local youth players, and get in some training. Then we compete on Saturday, get together in the evening with the competitors, and head into the elimination rounds on Sunday!
Tournament History: Where your name goes when you become the next champion!
San Jose, California: The 10th largest city in the United States and home to Silicon Valley. The tournament competition takes place once more in one of San Jose’s longest standing community spots; for over 50 years the San Jose Flea Market has been part of the fabric of the city of San Jose and has over 4 million people attend every year.
Here are some suggestions to get the most from your visit. Arrive on Wednesday or Thursday (October 5th or 6th) for a few extra days before the tournament. Check out any of the nearby attractions in San Jose, and plan to stay for our Monday trip to one of the world’s most famous icons, the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco!
Airport Options :
San Jose International (SJC) – Distance from San Jose: 0 miles (recommended)
San Francisco International (SFO) – Distance from San Jose: 36 miles (flights can be less expensive, requires transportation to San Jose)
Motel 6: 2081 N 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95131. There is nothing fancy about this hotel, just an inexpensive location for all the competitors to meet up and a Denny’s that’s open 24 hours a day!
Walking distance to food:
- Denny’s restaurant open 24 Hours ($2, $4, $6, $8+ menu items)
- Bay 101 Casino (Food, Nightlife)
- Santana Row (Food, Shopping, Nightlife)
- San Pedro Square (Food, Nightlife)
- Oakridge Shopping Mall (Food, Shopping, Movies)
San Jose Flea Market: 1590 Berryessa Road, San Jose, CA 95133 There is food everywhere so you’ll have access to everything you need throughout the competition days.
Recommendations if you’re flying into the event: Arrive on Friday October 7th and fly out on Tuesday October 11th so you don’t miss any of the activities!
7th Friday: Registered competitiors are welcome to join us for dinner at El Rancho Steakhouse.
8th Saturday: 9am – 6pm (Youth matches: 9am – 12pm / Open Division events 1pm – 6pm)
8th Saturday night meetup!: 8pm-11pm @ SISM headquarters 😉 Registered competitors are invited to join us to get together with all the tournament competitors and hang out with our guest officials.
9th Sunday: 9am – 6pm (Youth matches: 9am – 12pm / Open Division events 1pm – 6pm)
10th Monday: We take a trip to the world famous San Francisco Bridge and Pier 39: If you’re staying through Monday we’re heading to San Francisco in the morning for some more video and photo opportunities!
1v1 Panna Tournament: Open Division / Youth 13-16 / Youth 11-12 / Youth 9-10
3v3 Panna Tournament: Open Division / Youth 13-16 / Youth 11-12 / Youth 9-10
Freestyle Championship: Open Division
Panna Rules: 1v1 just like previous years and new to this year is the 3v3 panna action that replaces the 2v2 event! A special ground moves competition will also take place! Competitors to be chosen by the officials!
Freestyle Competition: Just like previous years with updates to be announced. Opening rounds will take place on Saturday and elimination rounds on Sunday! Also part of the event will be best trick exhibition/competitions on Saturday and Sunday. Competitors to be chosen by the officials!
Here’s this years’ freestyle format as decided upon my our judges: Yassine Coyote, Pawel Skora, and Melody Donchet!
- All freestylers will compete for 1 minute and judges will rank players
- The top 8 will automatically transfer to Sunday’s top 16.
- Remaining players will be placed into 3 groups and battle the others in their group. (2 min battles – 30 second intervals)
- Top 2 from each group transfer to Sunday, the officials will chose the final 2 that move on to the Top 16 on Sunday.
- The top 16 will battle in traditional elimination format with 3 min battles (30 second intervals)
- We’ll have our champion!
What you need to know:
- Balls: This year the street ball used for the panna competition will be the black Street Weapon ball with the rubber exterior. Our choice is based on the surface played on and this is the best fit. For the freestyle competition competitors may use any ball they choose.
- Exhibition Events: Special exhibition events will be held with competitions in groundmoves and a best trick on the freestyle side. Officials will choose the competitors and the balls used will be the Street Weapon for the groundmoves and the SISM Champion Freestyle ball for the Best trick.
If you have any questions you can reach those with the answers here.
Louie (Event Info) – (408) 355-0512 mobile / [email protected]
Maria (Necesistas ayuda en Español?) – (408) 355-0511 mobile / [email protected]
Anthony (Marketing & Sponsors) – [email protected]
Special thanks to